The Hershey Press (alternatively published as Hershey’s Weekly or Hershey’s The Progressive Weekly) was the first local newspaper, published from 1909 until 1926, covering news and events throughout the Township of Derry, Hershey, and surrounding Pennsylvania communities. A small town newspaper, there were many local citizens featured in not only news stories, but also in recognition of special occasions. When a request is made for information about the events and activities of The Hershey Company, Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company, Hersheypark, Hershey Trust Company, Milton Hershey School, Derry Township School District highlights and events, and the reaction of local citizens to community events during this period, The Hershey Press is the first resource consulted. No other resource fully documents the spirit and atmosphere of this community. In addition, this business and recreational community, established by Milton S. Hershey, is of specific interest to sociological, business, and political science researchers, as well as residents and their descendants.